Doctor insights on:
What Can You Do When A Baby Has A Crusty Eye
Clean and massage: Your baby has a clogged tear duct. This is very common. First, you can wipe off the discharge with a clean washcloth 2-3 x/day. Then, you can massage the area between the nasal corner of the eye and the nose by rubbing it with a clean finger for 1 minute. You can massage the duct 4-6 times a day. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
First a washcloth: Primary treatment is gentle cleansing of the lids with a warm wet washcloth. Use a clean portion of the washcloth with each pass. This may be accompanied by a regimen of gentle nasolacrimal duct massage, usually 2 or 3 times a day. If the white part of the eye appears red, an infection is beginning, and treatment with antibiotic drops should be prescribed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Blocked tear duct: Have no fear! it's very common in babies. You can massage the tear duct a few times a day with your finger. Wash your hands, place your index finger on the side of your baby's nose and massage down towards the nose. Call your doctor if the eyelid becomes red or swollen or if a lump appears on the eyelid. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No: It doesn't work that way.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can you do when someone is unconscious and has a spinal injury?
- What should you do when you break a small blood vessel under your eye?
- What do you do when your 9 month old has a 1021 fever?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when a baby has crust in there eye?
- What do you do when a baby gets her finger cut?
- What to do when your baby has a runny nose?
- What can you do for a stye in your eye?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free