Doctor insights on:
What Can Someone On Dialysis Take Foe A Cold
Stopping HD: It truly depends on several factors. The most important is the patient's residual renal function. The more the kidneys work, the longer it takes for the toxins to build up. Outside of that, there are no set time frames. I have seen patients pass within 2-5 days but I have also seen patients live for longer than 3 weeks. ...Read more
Simple answer is that it is a medical technology used primarily to provide an artificial replacement for lost kidney function in people with renal failure. Hemodialysis remove wastes and excess water from the blood by circulating blood outside the body through an external filter, called a dialyzer. Blood and dialysate flow through in opposite directions and the ...Read more
If dialysis is given once then one has to take it always?Or by living on only veggies one can stop it?
Depends on disease: If a person was normal and then got a new illness (an acute illness) causing acute kidney failure, he might need dialysis while waiting for his kidneys to heal. If his kidneys heal well enough, he can stop dialysis. However, if a person has chronic kidney disease and has been losing kidney function over the years, his kidneys don't heal up after he starts dialysis. He continues to need dialysis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Dialysis: Dialysis usually starts working after the first or second session. It really depends on the reason for starting dialysis. If its acute uremia or metabolic issues, one or two sessions will be very effective. If its chronic kidney disease that progresses to esrd, then within a few sessions dialysis will be effective. Toxins will be removed and metabolic abnormalities will be corrected. ...Read more
Itching: High phosphorus levels in a dialysis patient can lead to many issues. Usually most patients itch uncontrollably. However over time elevated phosphorus levels can alter bone structure, lead to calcium deposits on heart vessels and cause nerve damage throughout the body. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can you do for someone who is choking on a glass of water?
- What medicine can i take for a cold with dilantin and tegretol?
- What cold medicine can i take if on dilantin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What types of food can someone eat when on dialysis and is dietbetic?
- What can i take for a chest cold that is safe for pregnant women?
- What over-the-counter drugs can you take for a cold when your diabetic?
- What medicine can you take if you are pregnant with a cold?
- Talk to a nephrologist online for free