Doctor insights on:
What Can People With Vitiligo Do To Even Out Skin Pigmentation
Skin color comes from four different pigments present in our skin: 1. Melanin - tans or browns in our skin 2. Carotenes - yellows and oranges 3. Oxygenated hemoglobin (in the arteries) - red 4. Deoxygenated hemoglobin (in the veins) - blue skin color is the ...Read more
No: Since we don't know what is causing it, there is no permanent solution. UVB-NB phototherapy may help in some cases. ...Read more
My son has vitiligo skin pigmentation , he got a big white spot on his hest, and he is swimming alot, but now there is brown small spot in that area?
Vitiligo? : Possibly not vitiligo but rather tinea versicolor, a chronic, low-grade fungal infection of the skin that presents as well-delineated patches that may have a fine scale; can be white or tan. Chlorine in pool water might temporarily resolve some of the fungus & allow the skin to tan. Fp can check diagnosis with skin scraping for fungus &/or black light (causes fungus to fluoresce yellow-green color. ...Read more
Is losing pigmentation in different parts of the body always means you have vitiligo or are there other conditions that it could be from.
I have a small but visible discoloured patch on my neck. One doc told me it's vitiligo and another just told me it's a pigmentation issue.Its been 1yr?
If I have vitiligo covering about 50% of my genital area can I treat it or at least get back some pigmentation?
Yes: Everyone should use sunscreen. Those with more pigment are less likely to develop skin cancer, but with enough ultraviolet exposure, it is possible. A good, broad-spectrum sunscreen with zinc oxide (eg. Coppertone faces) applied daily with reduce the chance of premature aging and skin cancer. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i do to even out the hip height on both sides of my body?
- What can you do to get protein out your urine?
- What can i do to get rid of bed bug bites on my skin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My skin is so rough and black in colour what can i do to glow my skin
- My son inlaw has concrete burns what can we do to help with pain
- My acne is gone now im left with brown marks what can i do to get rid of them
- What can i do to reverse my skin discolorations because of aging?
- Talk to a dermatologist online