Doctor insights on:
What Can People Do To Help Fight Dengue Fever
Prevention, Abx: 1. Prevention - keep away from mosquitoes - cover up arms, legs, neck; use mosquito netting, use mosquito repellent 2. Treatment - if develop dengue, drink lots of filtered water and see a doctor for antibiotics. Then prevent any more mosquito bites. ...Read more
Definition of the word may have come from swahili "ka-dinga pepo", meaning cramp-like seizure caused by an evil spirit. Dengue or breakbone fever is a viral, flu like illness spread by a day biting mosquito. Many have no symptoms but, if stricken, those ill have high fever, headache, shaking chills, & rash. Repeat illness dangerous. 50% of world population at risk as ...Read more
Yes, lots of pain: Dengue fever's nickname is 'break bone fever' because every part of your body hurts so much it feels as if your bones are broken. People with dengue have flu-like symptoms including fever, headaches, and muscle aches. Rarely it progresses to severe dengue. It is a viral infection spread by mosquitos which bite during the day and prefer to live in towns & cities. Wear 30% deet to prevent it. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Viral Illness: The aedes aegypti & aedes albopictus mosquitoes are both vectors for dengue fever. Denque fever is a viral illness. According to the world health organization the aedes aegypti feeds during the daytime & the females can on multiple humans during one feeding period. Who states dengue fever can present with high fevers (i.e. 104 f) accompanied by muscle / joint pain, severe headches, pain behind. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
2-7 days: Dengue fever is increasing and is a common cause for fever in travelers returning from the tropics or subtropics. Symptoms develop 3-14 days after mosquito bite. Other symptoms include headache, pain behind eyes, muscle aches, joint pain, rash, and nausea. About 1% progress on to the more worrisome dengue hemorrhagic fever (dhf). If you suspect df see your doctor and avoid use of ibuprofen. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some brain activites that people can do to help prevent memory lost?
- What can an endocrinologist do to help me lose weight?
- What can i do to help break up the congestion of bronchitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My son inlaw has concrete burns what can we do to help with pain
- I have a hard time ejaculating what can i do to help this happen
- What can i do to help my husband give me pleasure?
- I am allergic to underwire in bras help what can i do for lift
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free