Doctor insights on:
What Can Make My Period Late
The menstrual cycle begins with the shedding of the uterine lining, resulting in bleeding from the vagina. A few weeks later, one ovary releases an egg and the uterine lining thickens in preparation for a potential pregnancy. Pregnancy can occur at this stage if sperm fertilizes the egg. If the egg is not fertilized, the egg will leave your body and ...Read more
If my last 4 cycles were very regular (29-30days) then what can make my period/ovulation late in this cycle with a negative pregnancy test? I'm 21yrs.
Many reasons: Reasons for missed/late periods: low body weight, obesity, marked weight ^ or v, over-exercise, endurance athletics, breast-feeding, ^ stress, illness, eating disorders (bulimia or anorexia), anovulatory cycle (no egg released), travel, hormone irregularities, drug use, meds (i.e., birth control) or medical problems (i.e. Pcos). #1 reason is pregnancy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I doubt it but: Please don't put hydrogen peroxide in your vagina. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can make your period late?
- What can cause my period to be late?
- What can cause my period to be a week late?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can antibiotics make period late?
- Will plan b make my period late
- Can my period be a week late?
- Can the depo-provera shot make your period late?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free