Doctor insights on:
What Can It Mean If I Have Purple Fingers And Joint Pain
Purple: Could be spasm of the blood vessels in the fingers ie raynaud's syndrom, which can present with arthritis, ie rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, scleroderma, other connective tissue diseases. Important to make sure it is real and not due to chemical staining, raynaud's is treatable. Meds or moving to a warm climate, if cold intolerant. Rare diseases ie cryoglobulins, vasculitis can occur and need mdexam. ...Read more
Possible diagnoses: If the main problem is joint pain with activity and the joint is larger and feels bony, osteoarthritis is a possibility. If there is soft squishy joint swelling and morning stiffness, rheumatoid arthritis would be possible but in RA several joints are affected and usually both hands. Another possible diagnosis is simple tendinitis, usually from overuse. See your primary doc if it is not improving. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Joint pain: Unfortunately, the information you provided is not enough to make out a diagnosis. More info is needed such as how long you've had it for, is there swelling, redness with it, how many joints are involved, how did it get started, etc. You may choose to see a local doc to discuss it with him in more detail. ...Read more
See your doctor: Symptoms and concerns like these mandate a thorough evaluation by your doctor. Only after such an evaluation, which may include labs and radiographic examinations, can he/she let you know what's going on and how best to help you. ...Read more
Arthritis?: Wrist and finger pain can be due to several causes. Arhtritis, tendinitis, or possible nerve compression. If pain is worse with motion , then arthritis or tendinitis is more likely to be the cause. Morning pain can be due to arthitis. Night time pain or associated numbness or tingling could be due to nerve compression. If pain is getting worse, get it checked out. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have joint pain on my middle finger what should i do for it
- I have pain in left index finger joint will it go away
- I have a lump on the joint between my middle finger and hand what is it
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean if i have chest pain?
- What does it mean if you have swollen armpits and joint pain?
- What does it mean if you have swollen lymph nodes and joint pain?
- What can i take for knee joint pain?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free