Doctor insights on:
What Can I Try At Home To Treat Fungal Infections
Fungal infections are clinical conditions in which a person has an infection due to a pathogen called a fungus (in contrast to infections caused by bacteria, viruses, or parasites). Fungal infections occur commonly on the skin (including Jock Itch and Athlete's Foot) and can also cause more serious infections in those ...Read more
I have a fungal infection in palms of my hands.What home remedies and meds can I try to treat it?Ive used timodine for 6weeks its getting worse
We can try!: Toenail fungus is very common, and unfortunately very difficult to cure 100%. We can test the nail to see if it is a callused or traumatized nail or if it is indeed fungus, and from there you have several options: topical or oral antifungal medications, laser nail treatment, or removal of the nail in severe cases. See your doctor to talk about which treatment is right for you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Topical: First, be sure it's yeast or fungus. This infection often responds to topicals. It depends where it is on the body as to what you would find appealing to use. Lamisil cream is over the counter and is a popular anti-fungal. Sometimes a yeast is on the back where you can't apply a cream and then you might be better off taking a pill for a short time. A pill would involve a prescription. ...Read more
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i try at home to treat benign positional vertigo?
- What things can i do to treat placental insufficiency at home?
- What things can i do to treat balanitis at home?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What things can i do to treat neurodegenerative disease at home?
- What can i do to treat a uti at home?
- What can i do to treat toenail fungus at home?
- What medicine can i take to abort pregnancy at home?
- Talk to a dermatologist online