Doctor insights on:
What Can I Take For Severe Pain After Cavity Filling
Ibuprofen works: I would contact your dentist as there may be another problem besides pain like infection or the filling is too high. Ibuprofen works well for pain unless you have a medical condition which contraindicates taking an nsaid. Again contact your dentist to get some help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Call your dentist: "severe" pain is not usual following dental fillings unless. Otc pain medication like Ibuprofen should be adequate to relieve any discomfort following fillings. Cold sensitivity might sometimes occur at first but should gradually diminish. "severe" pain could simply be caused by a "high" spot on a filling that needs adjusting, or it might signal a deep filling that's affected the tooth nerve. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Varies widely: No set time frame can be given. In general, dental restorations last about 10 years. Depending on the size of the filling, its location, and how well you brush and take care of it, it can last a whole lot longer. In some instances, it can have problems much sooner. ...Read more
How long does it take to fill cavities? I'm 22 and am going in for my first filling. How long does it take to do?
Not uncommon: Slight sensitivity following a filling is not uncommon. Your own dentist should have given you some guidance in this area. If not, or this is severe or doesn't subside shortly, call your dentist for advice as to what to expect before coming in for an evaluation. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i take or do for severe pain after a filling?
- What should i do for severe pain after cavity filling?
- Cavity filling pain after
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What to do for severe pain after a filling?
- Severe tooth pain after filling
- What pain reliever can i take for severe scoliosis?
- Can a filling get a cavity?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free