Doctor insights on:
What Can I Take For Constipation During Pregnancy
Im 10 weeks pregnant , is Metamucil safe during pregnancy? Can i take it every day? Very constipated and food fiber is not working..
Yes: Yes metamucil is safe in pregnancy, however if not working other things that might help, drink plenty of water, eat prunes, you can make a fiber juice with carrots, cucumbers, celery, pinnapple, apple, mixed in a blender with natural orage juice. Also MiraLAX (polyethylene glycol) is safe to use. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
Many things to try: There are many things you may try to alleviate/improve constipation symptoms in pregnancy. Potential solutions: increase the fluid, fiber, fruit and vegetable intake; add natural fiber stool softeners to your diet; take your prenatal vitamins (the extra iron is good but may exacerbate constipation) every other day. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Be cautious!: Austrolax derives from india. It's advertised contents include: bael 0.5gm, isabgol 1.6gm, senna 0.6gm, amla 0.6gm. Binders, flavors, colors and preservatives. Do you trust your unborn baby's health to this product? As with any medication taken during pregnancy, i'd be very cautious. Instead i urge you to discuss safe and doctor-approved options with your gynecologist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i use for constipation during pregnancy?
- What painkillers can i take during pregnancy?
- What can i take for a sore throat during pregnancy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i take for constipation while breastfeeding?
- What can you take for constipation in pregnancy?
- Can i take glucosamine during pregnancy?
- Can i take a pregnancy test during the day?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online