Doctor insights on:
What Can I Expect To Happen During A Blood Transfusion
See below: You will have an extensive interview regarding your health, past surgeries, recent travel, and certain lifestyle practices. Then your blood will be tested for the type and iron level. You will then proceed to a donation chair where the phlebotomist will start the donation through an iv. After that (about 20 minutes), you usually get a snack. They're making sure you won't faint. Then all done. ...Read more
Should have none: Your transfusion experience should be relatively painless; with most of the discomfort from getting an intravenous line put into your arm. You should have no other sensations such as the feeling of hot, cold, etc. ...Read more
During a blood transfusion if you get a fever and no other problem is this a dangerous transfusion reaction?
What can happen if you need a blood transfusion due to low platelets during cancer and you refuse to have the transfusion?
Depends: This depends on what your starting blood counts are, what your underlying medical comorbidities(ailments) are, and how your body is responding to blood loss. For some people, it may be many mLs, for others, particularly if they've had ongoing blood loss prior to the surgery, it may be after only a small amount(as in less than 200 mLs). ...Read more
Will i be awake during myomectomy.Just wondering cost am booked for surgery tomorrow nd am presently taking blood transfusion?
During c section, my uterus tore as dr was getting my son out. Had to get a blood transfusion. I am terrified to repeat c section. Dr said i'd be ok?
It should be OK.: There are two types of c-sections: emergent/urgent ones and scheduled/prelabor ones. The former are much higher risk and unpredictable than the latter. If your first one was unplanned, your second one should be planned, fast and efficient - and not as risky (in general). Good luck! p.S.: try to avoid more than two cesareans - get good contraception or have your tubes tied. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My child tested neg. for alpha thalassemia during her newborn screening but pos. mths after a blood transfusion? Was the donor's blood still present?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i expect to happen during pelvic exams during pregnancy?
- I have a hard time ejaculating what can i do to help this happen
- What can i do for my blood in vomit without going to a doctor?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i do for my low blood pressure without going to a doctor?
- What can i do to eat a healthy diet during pregnancy?
- What can i do for my low blood sugar without going to a doctor?
- What can i do to soothe my nipples during a painful latch?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free