Doctor insights on:
What Can I Expect Starting A Natural Colon Cleanse
Depends: Depends on what you mean by "natural colon cleanse." technically, the colon is cleansing itself all the time, as long as we eat enough fiber to give our stool bulk and insure that toxins are bound and carried out. Some people take various products for colon cleanses. Many of these contain senna or other laxative. I discourage these products unless you are constipated. ...Read more
I'm trying acia berry natural weight loss supplement with green tea extract colon cleanse, is it effective and how ?
Healthtap Doctors: are asked not to endorse specific brands or product lines. The best approach to weight loss is physical activity and good food/ portion choices. Some of the colon cleanses can be risky for your health. Natural, fresh organic juicing with protein powder & appropriate supplementation can be beneficial - but you need to be knowledgeable about it before hand. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes and No: It can help release toxins, but please realize that your body naturally wants to get toxins out. When you have enough fiber in your diet, the toxins will bind and be eliminated. Make sure your liver has what it needs to detox appropriately. I do not believe colon cleanses are necessary. You can get bloating, cramping.. Don't force a detox. Support the body and it will detox on its own! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Not helpful: Cleansing of the colon is a common prescription by alternative medical practitioners for a variety of GI and other problems. The colon is very effective at self cleaning and really does not need this preparation. There are no clinical studies showing any positive effect of 'cleansing' although many show no effect at all. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between taking a natural fiber colon cleanse psyllium husks twice a week?
- What can i expect in a physical as an over 50 year old man?
- What age can or should i start feeding my son baby cereal with a spoon?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a list of natural foods for cleansing the colon?
- I am having a discectomy on tuesday what can i expect
- What can i expect to happen during a blood transfusion?
- I have a sore throat and my ear hurts when i swallow what can thus be
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online