Doctor insights on:
What Can I Do To Treat Rett Syndrome
Rett syndrome: Rett syndrome is a disorder of the nervous system that leads to developmental reversals, especially in the areas of expressive language and hand use .Treatment may include: assistance with feeding and diapering, methods to treat constipation and gerd, physical therapy to help prevent the hands from contracting, weight bearing exercises for those with scoliosis. There is no specific treatment. ...Read more
Yes: Rettsyndrome.Org.Get a more detailed answer ›
Complex genetic prob: Rett syndrome is a disorder of the nervous system that leads to developmental reversals, especially in the areas of expressive language and hand use.Rett syndrome occurs almost exclusively in girls and may be misdiagnosed as autism or cerebral palsy.Studies have linked many rett syndrome cases to a defect in the mecp2 gene. This gene is on the x chromosome. Females have two xs. Males do not live. ...Read more
Very low: 99.5% of the time, there is just one child with rett syndrome in a family. This rare genetic condition occurs almost always in girls. It's caused by a mutation of the mecp2 gene on the x chromosome. The international rett syndrome foundation (http://www.Rettsyndrome.Org/) can be very helpful. ...Read more
Disorder OF NERV SYS: Rett syndrome is a disorder of nervous system, it leads to developmental reversal, especially in areas of expression and hand use it happens mostly in girls and is often mis diagnosed as autism etc. There is normal development 6to18months symptoms vary mild and severe severe language/developmental problems, loss social intraction, loss of purposefull hand motions, ataxic gait, breathing problems, &more. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What things can i do to treat placental insufficiency at home?
- I have no insurance or money to see a doctor what can i do to treat bad joints
- What things can i do to treat balanitis at home?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i do to treat my dark upper lip hair?
- What can i do to treat puncture wound of the eyelid?
- I hate taking medicine what can i do to treat kidney infections
- What can i do to treat occasional anal bleeding?
- Talk to a pediatrician online