Doctor insights on:
What Can I Do To Start Regaining Muscle Right After My Cast Is Removed
Therapy: Ask your doctor how much you are allowed to do immediately after a cast is removed - bone may still be healing. Start with range of motion/stretching exercises. As you start regaining your normal motion, you then can start specific strengthening. As you use your limb more, the muscle strength/bulk will return over time. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It is a body tissue that has the ability to contract. It shortens and generates force. It relaxes and returns to its original length. Muscles move joints, stabilize the body, move air and food through the organs, act as valves for bladder, bowel and other organs. They control movement of the eyes. They help us express ourselves by changing the shape of our ...Read more
I broke my wrist 4 weeks ago and they removed the cast but my muscles in my hands are still stiff and really painful. Help?
Exercises: Resistant exercises to all the forearm muscles. ...Read more
No.: No, the muscles will return to normal size as you begin to use your arm and hand again. ...Read more
I've been put on a cast for the second time, first they thought it was muscle tear, after MRI i was told its a fracture! Should i see another doctor?
Not necessarily: Some fractures are not visible on plain x-rays. Now that you have a diagnosis and your doctor is treating it, you should be okay. If you don't trust your physician, you could always take the images to another orthopedic surgeon for a second opinion. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What's the expert opinion, could the muscles be weak after only 3 weeks in a cylindrical leg cast?
Out of cast after 4 weeks(long arm) muscles in forearm tight n painful n numbness in thumb normal post cast? I had epychondolitis n torn tendon
Can be expected --: Stiffness from being in a cast for 4 weeks. Numbness maybe from cast being too tight or the cotton padding may have bunched up causing a local neuritis, which should clear up in 2-3 weeks time. As you exercise the tight muscles should loosen up and get stronger, reducing the stiffness as well. Massage/stretching exercises would help the epicondylitis. The doc should advise re: the torn tendon! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I think my hand rash is due to a fungal infection what can i do
- My skin is so rough and black in colour what can i do to glow my skin
- My acne is gone now im left with brown marks what can i do to get rid of them
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My parotid gland is swollen what can i do to make it better
- My voice is hoarse sometimes what can i do to cure this
- What some arm workouts i can do while my broken hand is in a cast?
- My mom keeps saying she is going to commit suicide what can i do to help her
- After i finish eating my stomach start to blow up what is that