Doctor insights on:
What Can I Do To Heal Quicker After Gallbladder Surgery
Seven months after may gallbladder surgery I am getting pain where the gallbladder used to be. Can you tell me about it?
Possible adhesion: most abdominal pain is visceral in origin, where swelling or twisting of intestine causes this symptom. Post GB, a surgical bed may not have healed before adhesions developed which could then cause, twisting and partial GI blockage. A CAT scan should reveal if this surgical site is the cause of the symptoms or it is due to another factor. ...Read more
Usually: Some gallbladder surgery is done for less than clear indications - as a last resort to fixing pains that can't be explained. These kinds of cases have about 15-20% risk that they will not "cure" the problem - even if perfect surgery is performed for you! if you don't fit that category, pain usually subsides and resolves within a few weeks. ...Read more
Next day: If the surgery went without complications and person does not have significant discomfort and he needs to fly, there are no contraindications. If you can easily delay the flight it is always wise to be close to the surgeon who performed the surgery. ...Read more
Gall bladder: This is not common. Talk to your surgeon please. ...Read more
See below: Follow the advise of your surgeon.Get a more detailed answer ›
Right Upper Abd Pain: Commonly you can have right upper abdominal fullness and pain with nausea after gallbladder surgery. This should improve everyday. Another common problem is diarrhea. This usually gets better quickly, but sometimes can persist for months. If these or other symptoms are worsening, it could be a sign of a problem. Any fever, chills or incisional redness are problems. Call your surgeon if problems. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- After having sex what can i do to keep sperm to swim inside
- What can i do to get rid of pain and swelling after getting a lip piercing?
- What can i do to prevent pregnancy from happening after sex?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i do to start regaining muscle right after my cast is removed?
- I suffered a corneal abrasion what can i do to help my eye heal quickly
- After track what can i do to relax my muscles
- What can i do for my diverticulitis to avoid needing surgery?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free