Doctor insights on:
What Can I Do To Avoid Waking Up With Acid Reflux
Technically called GERD, acid reflux is the presence of acidic stomach contents in the esophagus. The acid irritates the esophagus causing heartburn symptoms. The regurgitation or reflux can vary greatly as can the symptoms. Blocking stomach acid with medications can alleviate the burning but medication cannot stop the reflux. Complicated GERD requires surgical treatment ...Read more
Reflux: Avoid spices, tomato sauce, fried food, sodas, cafeine, and fluid before bed time. ...Read more
Citrus & Tomatoes: Contrary to popular belief, tomatoes are a fruit, not a vegetable. Citrus and tomatoes lower the tightness of the top of the stomach, and allow more acid to go up into the esophagus. Other foods to avoid include too much food (eat small meals), fatty foods, alcohol, chocolate, peppermint. Make sure you're taking a powerful acid blocker like prevacid/prilosec to avoid esophagus damage. Luck! ...Read more
Acid reflux is defined as the presence of acidic gastric contents in the esophagus causing irritation. It's cause is blamed on the a lax gastroesophageal shpincter that permits usch regurgitation. Vesicoureteral reflux is regurgitation (backing up) of urine in the bladder into the ureter ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i eat if i have acid reflux?
- What can i eat for my acid reflux?
- Why do i keep waking up with headaches?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Waking up choking on stomach acid
- Why do i keep waking up in the middle of the night hungry?
- Acid reflux avoid
- Can i stop myself from having a nightmares and waking him up?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online