Doctor insights on:
What Can I Do If My Breast Prosthesis Gets Damaged
Exchange it: Breast implants are not designed to last forever although recent advancements have made them not only safer but also more durable. If something does happen to your implant, it is relatively straightforward to simply exchange out that damaged implant with a new one. Some patients will opt to change out both if the implants have been in for an extended time but that is not always necessary. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: Regular saline or silicone gel implants feel alright. Some women say they feel somewhat heavy, but this may be due to going from no breast to a reconstructed breast literally within hours. More cohesive silicone gel implants feel more firm than regular breast tissue. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not so bad: right after surgery, most patients feel tightness more than pain. There have been no room for the implant and it was pushed in a created space. It take some time for the breast to relax but it is usually not too bed. Most of my patients go back to work a few days later. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Limited duration: Breast implants do not last forever. The average duration of an implant is about 12 - 14 years. The outer shell becomes more brittle as they age, and eventually, a crack will form. This leads to deflation / leakage and the need for replacement. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- My face skin gets constantly greasy what can i do
- What do i do if my tampon gets stuck?
- What can i do to grow my breast?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What do i do if my baby gets a bee sting?
- What should i do if my baby gets sunburned?
- What can i do to increase my breast milk?
- What can i do if my breasts are extra engorged?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free