Doctor insights on:
What Can I Do If I Have A Non Functioning Gallbladder
DIET OR SURGERY: If your gallbladder is malfunctioning or non-functioning, and is symptomatic, it would best to have it removed. This is done laparoscopically as an outpatient in most situations. A low fat diet can moderate or eliminate the symptoms, but once the gallbladder is removed there is no restrictions. If you have no symptoms, nothing needs to be done, but the gb can't be revitalized. Good luck. ...Read more
Pain & nausea: If the gallbladder is blocked from gallstones & not functioning then abdominal pains with nausea & vomiting may occur. If the gallbladder has no gallstones and fills on nuclear scan without emptying, then depends on the person's symptoms which could be pain & nausea. If no symptoms then the diagnosis of non functioning gb is suspect. ...Read more
I have been diagnosed with a non functioning gallbladder. I am i extreme pain almost constantly. Will this pain stop if the gallbladder is removed?
Can gallbladder pain ever be on both left and right sides? Are there any signs of a non-functioning gallbladder to look out for?
Usually R, but can B: felt on the L. Signs that U may notice intolerance 2 fatty foods. That's a common complaint. Other than that U need studies 2 B done. ...Read more
Might it be possible that a a non-functioning gallbladder cause pain in only upper middle abdomen?
Maybe: Upper abdominal painful pressure discomfort occuring a few hours after eating could be gallbladder symptoms. If your gallbladder has already been shown to have poor function, and the test also recreated the same symptoms, then some patients feel improvement with gallbladder surgery. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i do if i have a bad cough and have a job interview tomorrow?
- What can i do for cardio if i have a sprained ankle?
- I have a soreness if erection for a long time what can i do about it
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What exercise can i do if i have a roll on each side of my stomach?
- What can i do if i have a numbness for 2 days in both hands from keyboard?
- What can i do if i am having a hard time sleeping while pregnant?
- What exercises can i do in p90x if i dont have a pullup bar?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free