Doctor insights on:
What Can I Do For My Polycythemia Vera Without Going To A Doctor
Have polycythemia vera. Doctor ordered cold stimulus. I was under impression polycythemia vera should not be exposed to extreme cold. Is this true?
The doctors believe that my mother (58 years) may have polycythemia vera. She had a complete lab test today. How long can one live with the disease?
Slow illness: Often it lasts for decades as only a nuisance. I hope things turn out well. ...Read more
Father diagnosed with essential thrombocytosis. Doc thinks i may have polycythemia vera. Are these genetic since both are myloprolofitive disorders?
I am being tested for polycythemia vera. Doc thinks I have it. If I do have it and since i didn't start treatment yet, can I still get a nose job?
Not often: Polycythemia vera is caussed by multiple factors. Typicall the treatment is theraputic phlebotomy but if you had any condition that would be negatively affected by the plebotomy or physician preference you might have this done. Consider the cuase of the condition also would affect the treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Diagnosed with polycythemia vera without mutation in JAK2. What else might be the cause? Do not smoke and do not live in high altitude.
Interesting question: Do you have polycythemia rubra vera or polycythemia which is assosciated with stress? Have you had a bone marrow examination. Do you have an hemoglobinopathy? Glad you do not smoke and glad you do not live in high altitudes, because these increase blood counts. Are you an athlete. Do you have any hormonal questions too much testosterone? Please see an hematologist to clarify. ...Read more
I have had polycythemia vera for about 10 years. My blood work has reversed. Does this mean the blood marrow is spent and I am going into ppmm? Or cml
See hematologist: Reversal of blood counts, i.e. Erythrocytosis to anemia, frequently indicates progression of marrow fibrosis in polycythemia vera. If the spleen is also enlarging, this would be a concern. A hematologist can determine why the blood counts are changing and might suggest a bone marrow examination. ...Read more
I have polycythemia vera. Is it ok for me to wear extremely tight jeans or am i more likely going to get DVT or blood clots?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i do for my cut on the eyelid without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my blood in vomit without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my stomach ulcer without going to a doctor?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i do for my toe laceration without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my rectal prolapse without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my body dysmorphic disorder without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my ankle pain without going to a doctor?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free