Doctor insights on:
What Can I Do For My Onchocerciasis Without Going To A Doctor
Cut the nodules: No doubt , there's was no Ivermectin or Doxycycline for them to offer their patients. However, surgical nodulectomy of the onchocercoma was performed even then . They would simply make a small opening into the bump underneath the skin and simply yank the worm out. Some used a small stick around the adult worm and simply turn it around few clock hours everyday until the adult worm was out. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Eye and Skin: Onchocerciasis is an eye and skin disease. Symptoms are caused by the microfilariae, which move around the human body in the subcutaneous tissue and induce intense inflammatory responses, especially when they die. Infected people may have severe itching and various skin lesions. In most cases, nodules develop under the skin. Some may develop eye lesions which can lead visual impairment or blindnes ...Read more
I wish more did: Onchocerciasis is a dread disease in which worms bearing bacteria cause blindness and spotty skin lesions. In some communities, all adults are blind and they are led by children. Robert mcnamara, remorseful architect of the vietnam war, did more than anyone else to control this dread illness, but it remains a serious problem in much of the tropics. ...Read more
Not directly: While onchocerciasis can cause blindness due to obstruction of retinal vessels by the parasite but not direct death, the blind in third world countries are far more likely to succomb to hazards of life due to being blind and so their lifespan is diminished. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Onchoceriasis, or River Blindness, is caused by a parasite that is treated with antibiotics. Baths have no role in the treatment. ...Read more
Get a facial: Get a facial. If you don't want to see an esthetician either, then just wash your face. Sorry, but there is only so much you can do at home and I have no idea what exactly is wrong with your skin. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i do for my blood in vomit without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my stomach ulcer without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my pharyngeal pouch without going to a doctor?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i do for my rectal prolapse without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my body dysmorphic disorder without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my ankle pain without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my amenorrhea without going to a doctor?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online