Doctor insights on:
What Can I Do For My Onchocerciasis Without Going To A Doctor
I wish more did: Onchocerciasis is a dread disease in which worms bearing bacteria cause blindness and spotty skin lesions. In some communities, all adults are blind and they are led by children. Robert mcnamara, remorseful architect of the vietnam war, did more than anyone else to control this dread illness, but it remains a serious problem in much of the tropics. ...Read more
Eye and Skin: Onchocerciasis is an eye and skin disease. Symptoms are caused by the microfilariae, which move around the human body in the subcutaneous tissue and induce intense inflammatory responses, especially when they die. Infected people may have severe itching and various skin lesions. In most cases, nodules develop under the skin. Some may develop eye lesions which can lead visual impairment or blindnes ...Read more
Cut the nodules: No doubt , there's was no Ivermectin or Doxycycline for them to offer their patients. However, surgical nodulectomy of the onchocercoma was performed even then . They would simply make a small opening into the bump underneath the skin and simply yank the worm out. Some used a small stick around the adult worm and simply turn it around few clock hours everyday until the adult worm was out. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not directly: While onchocerciasis can cause blindness due to obstruction of retinal vessels by the parasite but not direct death, the blind in third world countries are far more likely to succomb to hazards of life due to being blind and so their lifespan is diminished. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Onchoceriasis, or River Blindness, is caused by a parasite that is treated with antibiotics. Baths have no role in the treatment. ...Read more
A variety of things: There are several things you can do to help you manage stress, but if your symptoms remain very problematic, you should still see your doctor. Here are some "tools" you can do on your own: meditation/prayer, yoga, exercise, massage, writing in a journal, breathing exercises, talking with a good friend or family member, identifying and dealing with the underlying cause(s). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i do for my hyperlipidemia without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my schizophrenia without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my confusion without going to a doctor?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i do for my obesity without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my scarlet fever without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my lactose intolerance without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my clinical depression without going to a doctor?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online