Doctor insights on:
What Can I Do For My Constipation Without Going To A Doctor
Stool softeners: Occasional constipation can be managed at home with stool softeners, such as docusate and polyethylene glycol 3350. A stimulant laxative, such as senna or bisacodyl, can be added if the stool softener alone is not effective, but should not be taken continuously without physician supervision. If you only have a bowel movement after taking a stimulant laxative, you should see a doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
First time experiencing constipation. Haven't gone regularly for a week now. Going on a trip. No access to doctor. What is the worst that can happen?
Increase your: fluid intake by at least 2X daily, increase your fiber and decrease highly digestible, low residue foods. Would avoid laxatives and try stool softeners and/or saline enemas once or twice at most. If still having difficulty after a week contact your doctor for exam and advice. ...Read more
Constipation: If you eat a lousy diet low in fiber and fluids, miss bowel movements for many days, have painful and laborious (lots of unhelpful straining) evacuations, inability to push the stool out and notice frequent blood-staining of stools, you need to see your primary care provider. ...Read more
Multiple laxatives have been tried. Doctors won't do anything else. What to do now? :(
Common things...: I often recommend a daily regimen of a fiber laxative such as Benefiber (R) taken twice daily with a cathartic such as Miralax (polyethylene glycol) (R) taken at bedtime on the days that the person hasn't had a bowel movement. This has to be started AFTER doing a bowel cleanse such as might be done prior to a colonoscopy. If constipation is a chronic issue, despite the above, then a colonoscopy might be appropriate. ...Read more
My mum is in pain on her right side can it be constipation took her doctors her chest clear exray clear but has not pooed for 3 days?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i do for my onchocerciasis without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my parkinsons disease without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my hyperlipidemia without going to a doctor?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i do for my confusion without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my dizziness without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my obesity without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my scarlet fever without going to a doctor?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online