Doctor insights on:
What Can I Do For My Back Trauma Without Going To A Doctor
Back trauma: If it recent and of a mild incident some soreness--just rest, ice, and otc pain meds, like ibuprofen---if you can this type of med. Otherwise, trauma indicates to me that you should be seen by a medical professional soon. Was it due to an auto accident, fall at home, exercise, abuse? If your pain is increasing, you have numbness, tingling, or loss of body functions; you must seek medical help. ...Read more
That overloads the supporting tissues of the back which include: muscles, ligaments, joints, discs and bones which may or may not lead to an unstable spine and/or neural tissue involvement. The degree of injury is dependent on multiple factors such as the amount of force, force direction, stability ...Read more
Back trauma: Depends on the patient, the type and severity of the trauma, and the specific tissues injured and the total degree of the injury, including a complete assessment of the overall situation including mental and physical injury. ...Read more
Not likely: Trauma isolated to the back is not likely to cause a slipped capital femoral epiphysis. That being said, it is rare for trauma to be purely isolated to the back. If there was significant trauma it may have injured multiple parts of the body. ...Read more
A slipped bone: Spondylolisthesis is the medical term meaning that one of the bones in the back has slipped out of place relative to an adjacent bone. It is probably not due to the trauma but was noticed on the x-rays. It is often asymptomatic but may cause back pain. It can also result in pinching of nerves at that level of the spine. ...Read more
Pain,malfunction: Back trauma can cause focal pain and tenderness when mild, cause more severe pain and dysfunction if tendons and muscle are ripped or contused, and lead to nerve damage at more distant sites if the bone is fractured or a disc displaced or ruptured. See your orthopedic surgeon or physiatrist to sort this out. ...Read more
My husband (age 26) got a severe lower back pain first time ever. No traumas. Is there anything that can help ease it until we get to the doctor?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i do for my onchocerciasis without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my parkinsons disease without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my hyperlipidemia without going to a doctor?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i do for my confusion without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my dizziness without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my obesity without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my scarlet fever without going to a doctor?
- Talk to a orthopedic spine surgeon online for free