Doctor insights on:
What Can I Do For A Sprained Ankle
A sprain is a medical term that describes an injury to soft tissue structures in the area. Common examples are a lumbar sprain, in which you might injure muscles in your back; or an ankle sprain in which you could injure ligaments about the ankle. Sprains can be from mild to severe, and so ...Read more
RICE: Rice. Rest- 24 to 28 hrs. Avoid activities that require use of your ankle. Ice- for first 2 days after injury, apply ice for 15 to 20 minutes every few hours. A bag of frozen peas is good. Compression- you can wrap your foot, ankle & lower leg with an ace wrap. Make sure it is not so tight that it decreases your circulation. Elevate- elevate ankle above your heart. Can prop on a pillow. ...Read more
What exercises should I do for a sprained ankle after 6 weeks? I tore a ligament. It's feeling back to normal-ish, but it's very tight.
Stretch; strengthen: Light resistance exercises like bike or swim, progressive stretching and strengthening with heat to warm up and ice to cool down. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What exercise can i do with a sprained ankle?
- What types of exercises can i do with a sprained ankle?
- What can i do for cardio if i have a sprained ankle?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What should i do if i sprained my ankle?
- What exercise can i do with a hip sprain?
- Can i run with a sprained ankle?
- What to do for a high ankle sprain?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free