Doctor insights on:
What Can I Do For A Pinch Neve In Neck
Depends on cause: First, if there is arm or hand weakness associated with this, seek prompt medical attention. Otherwise, conservative measures to include nsaids, physical therapy, home cervical traction and activity modification can help. Soft disk herniations can be reabsorbed over time. Compression by bony narrowing (arthritis) may be less responsive to non-operative measures. ...Read more
Bone or cartilage: Most commonly, a pinched nerve in the spine is caused by a nerve being compressed by arthritic calcifications from the joint, or from cartilage that lines a joint, or from a slipped disc. Symptoms should be checked by your doctor as severe cases can lead to permanent damage to the nerve and muscles supplied by that nerve. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pinched nerve: A pinched nerve's main symptom is pain. This pain is typically described as shooting or radiating pain. If one particular nerve is pinched or irritated one could typically expect to have radiating pain is a consistent pattern (dermatome). The best things to diagnose this are a good physical exam, MRI and/or emg. Helpful article: http://arizonapain.Com/pain-center/pain-treatments/neck-pain. ...Read more
Radicular pain: If you have a significant 'pinching' of a nerve in neck you may get root pain, tingling and numbness along the appropriat nerve to the fingers a neurologist can tell you where the problem is somtimes with the aid of an emg(electro myogram, an electrical study of the nerve and muscles) the symptoms may be due to the peripheral nerves such as the median nerve in carpal tunnel syndrome. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i do for a stiff neck?
- What can i do about my loose skin under neck?
- I feel a pinching sensation in my quadricep what should i do to rehab the injury
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Actinic keratosis from head and neck reflector what can i do 40 years later
- I feel like im choking since i started getting a shorter neck what can i do
- What should i do for a stiff neck?
- Neck pain nerve pinch
- I have a stiff neck what can i do