Doctor insights on:
What Can I Do For A Gallbladder Attack
Pain meds, time.: Gallbladder pain is almost always due to blockage of the outflow of bile from the gallbladder due to a stone. Usually, the obstructing stone will "fall back" into the gallbladder within an hour or so, leading to complete resolution of the pain. If the attack lasts for hours, it is advisable to go to an er to receive pain meds (which may "break" an attack) +/- admission for definitive care-surgery. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The gallbladder is a sac-like structure located under the right lobe of the liver. It is attached to the common bile duct via the cystic duct. The gallbladder can store bile when the bile is not needed, and can squeeze bile into the bile duct and intestine for digestion when a person eats larger ...Read more
Avoidance: Best to treat the problem & avoid the attacks. Avoid fried fatty greasy foods. Take something like Ibuprofen if having discomfort. If the pains continue and you have gallstones, see your doctor for a referral to a general surgeon for laparoscopic surgery to remove the gallbladder & gallstones. If the pain is bad and having a lot of vomiting, you may need to go to an er for evaluation. ...Read more
Is it bad to go to the ER for a gallbladder attack? It's been carrying on for days now, and i can't take it. My doc appt isn't for another week.
Time: Time. There is a medication called Donnatal (phenobarbital atropine hyoscyamine and scopolamine) however, that can help. This is only a temporary solution. Definitive treatment is surgical removal of the gallbladder, typically done with a technique known as laparoscopy, using small incisions and a camera. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to do for gallbladder attacks?
- What can i do for gallbladder pain?
- What to do for gallbladder attack pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i do to prevent a heart attack?
- What can i do if i have a non functioning gallbladder?
- What can i do to heal quicker after gallbladder surgery?
- What can i do for gallbladder biliary sludge pain?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free