Doctor insights on:
What Can I Do About Constipation In My Infant
Constipation in baby: I would start by asking if the baby is actually constipated. Often babies (especially breast fed infants) don't stool as often. Many people think this means they are constipated. Some breast fed infants poop once a week! if the baby is gaining weight well and the stool is soft when it comes out then the baby is fine. If the stool is hard (like rabbit pellets) then you should talk to your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What is the best way to relieve an 8 month infant of constipation? He was 2 months premature, does this affect what I can and cannot give him?
Pear juice: 2 to 4 oz of pear juice for infants once or twice daily can help with constipation. The juice contains sorbitol, a natural sugar which is not well absorbed intestinally. This causes a gentle osmotic effect on the stool, pulling in more water into the stool making it softer. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Get baby checked: Constipation at this age is either diet related, i.e excessive dairy intake or some reason for them to hold stools like an anal fissure, for which a proper exam will be helpful. In the meantime, u can add more vegetables to his diet and give him Karo syrup or prune juice. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it safe to give an infant of 1 month a suppository? How often and what's best for infant constipation?
Sometimes: Many children become constipated but it is by no means normal - many parents use an occasional glycerin suppository without issue but you really should discuss this with your doctor and have the child checked as this is not normal and possibly a change in diet or a medication may be more helpful especially if this is chronic ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i do about a small cavity in my tooth besides drill and fill?
- What can i do about a really bad sore in my mouth?
- What can i do about a small cavity in my tooth?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I like hiking in caves my parents are upset about bats and stuff what can i do
- What can i do about quronic pain in my lower and upper back?
- What can i do about pain in my feet?
- I slammed my finger in a door what can i do to save my nail will it regrow fast
- Talk to a pediatrician online