Doctor insights on:
What Can High Blood Pressure Lead To
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
Yes: Even mild hypertension (HTN) sustained over yrs is associated w/ greater cognitive impairment in later life. To mds, "uncontrolled" means really high bp. It's called an urgency when not controlling it within 24 hr will lead to permanent injury (or death), and an emergency when ditto within 1 hr. "htnsive encephalopathy" is assoc w/ headaches, confusion, seizures, head bleeds, strokes and death. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sleep and BP: There is some data that suggest that sleep deprivation can raise blood pressure. When we don't sleep enough, our bodies tend to have overactive fight or flight activity. This can theoretically raise blood pressure. Some sleep disorders like obstructive sleep apnea is shown to affect blood pressure not only by stopping breathing but by the fragmentation of sleep. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Before taking high blood pressure meds i had a hard time getting an erection. Hb lead to chf. Bp well under control now and erections has somewhat imp
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can high blood pressure lead to sexual dysfunction in a woman?
- Can high blood pressure lead to a stroke?
- What can cause your blood pressure to be high?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can cause diastolic blood pressure to be high?
- What allergy medication can someone with high blood pressure take?
- What decongestant can i take with high blood pressure?
- What foods to eat if you have high blood pressure?
- Talk to a cardiologist online