Doctor insights on:
What Can Help Me Not Be A Hypochondriac
Hypochondriac: A hypochondriac has intense fears of having physical illness, despite repeated normal medical exams and data to the contrary. Doctors' reassurances do not help. The person becomes extremely anxious over physical sensations, believing them to represent signs of the feared illness(es). Please see a psychiatrist or psychologist if you think this might describe you -- help is available, . ...Read more
Worried sick: Hypochondriasis involves preoccupation with illness, including misinterpreting bodily responses as signs of disease or being unhealthy when there is little to no objective evidence of any illness. It can be disabling due to the obsessive thinking about health and associated anxiety. F you believe you have this problem, see your doctor for evaluation and possible treatment options. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Preoccupation: If your worry is getting in the way of your life you need to wonder if it might be excessive. All of us deal with uncertainty (i might have cancer now) all the time, but for some of us that worry gets in the way of having a life. So that you might as well be sick. In fact some people with hypochondriasis report they actually feel relief when they discover an illness (usually unrelated). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What foods can help me gain weight?
- What vitamin can help me with anxiety?
- What can help me grow taller?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can help me dilate faster?
- What can help me get my period?
- What can i take to help me gain weight?
- What can i do to help me fall asleep?
- Talk to a psychiatrist online for free