Doctor insights on:
What Can Help A Person With A Broken Leg Walk
Your doctor may also suggest a safe exercise plan. Walking is usually the easiest type of exercise, but swimming or other low-impact exercises can work just as well. Exercise is an important way to keep blood sugar in control, and physical activity in pregnancy has been found to decrease the risk ...Read more
I met with an accident 2 months back and 2 bones in my right leg got fractured. One under thighs and the other near my shin. My doctor advised me to walk using crutches giving 25% weight on my broken leg. Now after walking and sitting alone for some time.
Question ?: what exactly is your question? Unable to answer as is. ...Read more
Use your calf muscle: The calf is a secondary blood pump the squeezes the blood out of your leg and back to the heart. Flexing your foot down activates the muscle. Do this as often as possible like your pulse. Elevate your leg just above your heart whenever possible even at night. Put a bolster/pillow under the mattress at the foot of the bed. If the cast is off use antithrombotic (elastic) stockings. ...Read more
Fracture Dependant: It depends on the bone that is fractured, the site of the fracture, and the pattern on the fracture. Treatment can range pain medication and crutches with limited weight bearing, to a brace or case, or to surgery with internal or external fixation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you walk on a broken hip?
- Can you walk with a broken pelvis?
- Can i walk on a broken ankle?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you walk with a broken ankle?
- Can you walk on a broken metatarsal?
- Can you walk with a broken metatarsal?
- Can you walk on a broken femur?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free