Doctor insights on:
What Can Happen To You Overtime If You Swallow Gum
Usually not a big : Deal. Usually there isn't a problem as the gum will pass harmlessly through the body. However, there are rare cases of chewing gum bezoars which have occurred causing esophageal ; intestinal obstruction (http://pediatrics.Aappublications.Org/content/102/2/e22.Full). Lack of absorption of sorbitol in sugarless gym can sometimes lead to gas, loose stools and abdominal pain. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Don't worry: It works out all right in the end. ...Read more
What is too much?: How much are we talking about? Why do you swallow the gum in the first place? ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What would happen if you accidentally swallowed small pieces of a plastic fork?
- What happens if you swallow plastic fork?
- What happens if you try to fly with a partially collapsed lung?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens if you inject alcohol in to a vein?
- What can you do to stop itching in the hand if you have a fracture?
- What happens to estrogen levels if you stop getting your period?
- What happens to you if peristalsis is too fast or too slow?
- What can happen to your body if you do not get calcium?