Doctor insights on:
What Can Delay Periods
It sure can: One way that fasting effects the periods is by reducing thyroid function. As part of a work-up for irregular periods, i will often look at thyroid function as a cause. Hypothyroidism is common to irregular periods. When a person fasts, the thyroid goes into conserve mode. It slows down metabolism as to not "eat you up" alive. During a fast, the thyroid- believes there is a famine- will lower. ...Read more
Sometimes the : Stresses related to travel can delay a period. Reasons for missed/late periods: low body weight, obesity, marked weight ^ or v, over-exercise, endurance athletics, breast-feeding, ^ stress, illness, eating disorders (bulimia or anorexia), anovulatory cycle (no egg released), travel, hormone irregularities, drug use, meds (i.e., birth control) or medical problems. #1 reason is pregnancy. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can duphaston delay periods?
- How long can periods be delayed?
- Can urine infection delay periods?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can cause a delayed period?
- What can be the reason for delay in menstruation?
- What can delay your period?
- What can be the cause of irregular periods?
- What can be the reasons for delayed periods?