Doctor insights on:
What Can Cleansing Venipuncture Site With Alcohol Do
Venipuncture hand site healed leaving a raised dark scar. Continuously picked it and the hard part came off. Now it's light with dark edges. Abnormal?
Do not pick: You may have a hypertophic scar or a keloid. It is not feasible to know without examining you. People of African ancestry are more to developing keloids. It is not an urgent issue and you could discuss it with your doctor at the next visit. In the meantime, do not pick at it, disturbing it will only make matters worse. ...Read more
Many areas.: Venipunctures can be performed in many areas but the most common are in the veins in the hands or arms. Sometimes, in people whose veins are difficult to fine, veins in the groins (femora's) or even the neck (jugular) can be used. ...Read more
The size of the vein: As dr. Placik said, venipuncture is for collecting blood through a needle from blood vessels that are big enough to see and/or feel. Capillary puncture would be used for collecting blood from vessels that are too small to see individually. This is usually done with a very small cut and a micro pipette or a piece of filter paper. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I experience pain after venipuncture was done under my wrist. It was the first time my friend tried it with me. Feeling pain underneath the puncture.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Common sites for venipuncture
- Common venipuncture sites
- What alcohol can do?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can drinking too much alcohol do to you?
- What can i do in addition to campral to help with my alcohol addiction?
- What to do for alcohol poisoning?
- Where is the main site of alcohol metabolism
- Talk to a phlebologist online for free