Doctor insights on:
What Can Cause You To Have A Loss Of Taste
Anosmia: Taste is mostly dependent on the sense of smell. Loss of that sense is called anosmia. A very common cause is head trauma, due to shearing of the tiny nerves from the nose going into the brain through a perforated cribiform plate at the base of the skull. Sudden jarring can sever those nerves. There are other conditions and medications that can impair this sense, too. ...Read more
Nasal congestion: Loss of taste can be due to disease of the tongue but is most often due to a simultaneous loss of the sense of smell due to nasal congestion. Nasal congestion may be due to a viral upper respiratory infection, nasal allergies, or nasal polyps. Nasal sprays containing zinc & head trauma are less common causes for loss of smell and taste. ...Read more
Causes of the "loss of taste" and if caused by gerd; what foods can benefit to get the taste buds again activated?
Many: Loss of taste is a common symptom of gastroesophageal reflux disease (gerd), salivary gland infection, sinusitis, poor dental hygiene, or even certain medicines.Prepare foods with a variety of colors and textures.Use aromatic herbs and hot spices to add more flavor; however, avoid adding more sugar or salt to foods. If your diet permits, add small amounts of cheese, olive oil, butter toasted nuts. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can flashbacks cause you to have memory loss?
- What causes loss of taste and smell?
- What causes loss of taste buds?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can cause you to have a miscarriage?
- What causes you to lose your sense of taste?
- What causes you to have a loss of height when you have osteoporosis?
- What can cause a bad taste in the mouth?
- What can cause loss of smell and taste?