Doctor insights on:
What Can Cause You To Cough Up Blood
Frank Blood?: Per Mayo Clinic, possible reasons for coughing blood include: chronic bronchitis, bronchiectasis, Pulmonary Tuberculosis, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, lung cancer, cystic Fibrosis, pneumonia, abscess of lung, emphysema,pulmonary embolism, chest trauma, parasitic infections. See: http://www.mayoclinic.org/symptoms/coughing-up-blood/basics/causes/sym-20050934 ...Read more
In fact any can: If the infection irritates the lining of your airways you may cough up some blood, similar to how constantly blowing your nose, just from allergies, can lead to blood in your nasal secretions. There are some more aggressive bacterial or fungal infections that can erode into blood vessels in the lung and cause more serious bleeding though. ...Read more
Yes can irritate: If coughing is severe onough you can irritate the linings of your throat which can cause bleeding. ...Read more
Not likely: Pet allergies can be very annoying leading to allergic rhinitis or severe triggering asthma or even rarely anaphylaxis. However, pet allergies should not cause a person to cough up blood. A cough productive of blood may have many causes and a physician skilled in the evaluation such as a pulmonologist can help identify the cause so proper treatment can be given. Don't delay.... ...Read more
Many: There are many that include blood vessel disorders and clotting issues among others. Best to consult with your physician and ask relatives about similar problems. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What would cause you to cough up blood?
- Can alcohol cause you to spit up blood?
- What causes a person to cough up blood?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes you to spit up blood?
- What would cause a child to cough up blood?
- What causes people to cough up blood?
- What causes you to spit up blood in the morning?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online