Doctor insights on:
What Can Cause Random Allergic Reactions To Diet Coke
Not allergy: Allergic reactions are not random. If you're having an allergic reaction to a component of diet coke, you will suffer the reaction whenever you drink it. Manufactured sodas are very consistent, so if you're having some sort of reaction some of the times you drink it, you're reacting to something else - you're just associating it with diet coke. Your doctor or allergist can help you sort this out. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Diet drinks have been implicated in contributing to gulf war syndrome, desert storm syndrome, and may provoke migraine headaches in susceptible people. There is no evidence that any food additive causes multiple sclerosis, but some anecdotal comments raise concern of a potential to trigger a relapse, but no proof yet. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Research is limited: The research linking diet coke to weight gain is mixed. Some feel that drinking an artificially sweet substance can trick your body and lead you to eat more calories. An association has been shown between consuming diet drinks and larger waist size, with possible metabolic syndrome. But this is not a cause-effect relationship, nor does it suggest that stopping diet coke leads to losing weight. ...Read more
Good question: It contains a chemical that causes a phenomenon known as excitotoxicity in brain cells. We have information now that indicates that changes in brain are responsible for obesity (failure to process food properly) and it is possible that sweeteners are at least partially responsible for obesity. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Allergic to ibuprofen what can i take
- What over-the-counter drugs can cause you to miscarry?
- Bumps in the mouth on my gums what can cause this to happen
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can cause the head to be sore to the touch?
- Can otc diet pill cause you to fail a drug test?
- Allergic to benadryl what can i take
- I always sneeze after taking shower how can i determine what i am allergic to
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free