Doctor insights on:
What Can Cause Numbness In Legs
Hi .. What can cause ;leg numbness, just the leg part, not knee not calf not thigh not foot... Anything to do with nf2?
Could be: One of the superficial cutaneous nerves in the leg may be affected by a neurofibroma. ...Read more
Multiple possibility: I recommend you see a good neurologist. Ther are many possibilities, including spinal cord, nerve pbs, pernicious anemia, multiple sclerosis etc. Please see a neurologist. You can get a referral from calling your local hospital, or call director of a neuro ICU and speak to the director for the name of the best neurologist in town. ...Read more
Several potentials: Assuming this is bilateral and symmetrical, there may be a peripheral neuropathy. However, spinal cord compression in the neck can cause this. Rarely, ms might present in this fashion. Since there are multiple underlying causes, it is best to see your physician, and obtain a thorough evaluation. ...Read more
Sx's: Can't diagnose these symptoms but they do warrant medical assessment (in-person). ...Read more
Several Causes: There are several causes of leg numbness but most are associated with the compression of the nerves that supply the leg. By compressing these nerves, either in the spine or at a local level, you will experience numbness. If your symptoms are sudden and last for several hours without improvement please see your primary care physician. ...Read more
Pressure on Nerve: Numbness in leg only when sitting is most likely from pressure on a nerve. It could be from a wallet in the back pocket, or your spine out of alignment and even a spinal disc starting to bulge. Try doing some back stretches for a couple of days. If it doesn't go away on its own, I'd recommend a few visits to a chiropractor and then a family doctor if not improved. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can cause numbness in fingertips and lips?
- Can scoliosis cause numbness in the legs thighs lower back and feet?
- Can an ulcer cause a weird numbness in the arms and legs?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes numbness in hands and feet to spread to arms and legs?
- What causes leg numbness in ovarian cancer?
- What can cause a burning sensation in the legs?
- Can spinal bifida occulta cause numbness in legs?
- What can cause burning and tingling in my groin down my leg to my feet?