Doctor insights on:
What Can Cause Knee Swelling For Years
Swelling is the enlargement of organs, skin, or other body parts. It is caused by a buildup of fluid in the tissues. The extra fluid can lead to a rapid increase in weight over a short period of time (days to weeks). Swelling can occur all over the body (generalized) or only in one part ...Read more
Repeated knee swelling and pain in only on knee after every 2 years for age of 1year.Knee got swelling and pain for 4-5 months and gone on it's own. ?
I have chronic left knee swelling and pain (for 3 years!) after extensive testing diagnosis is synovitis. Any recommendations?
Injection or surgery: I'm assuming after 3 years you have tried pt and antiinflammatories. Draining the knee followed by a cortisone injection (assuming the fluid doesn't look infected) could help. If there is any suspicion for infection, hold off on the cortisone until the synovial fluid has been evaluated. Last resort is to see an ortho surgeon about a synovectomy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Probably not: There are several possible causes so i would have the orthopedist evaluate the knee. ...Read more
How to deal with knee swelling. I had ACL reconstruction 6 years ago. I stay active, but my knee swells after playing soccer. Thank you.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes swelling in the knee?
- Can a knee injury cause ankle swelling?
- Can a knee injury cause lower leg swelling?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes pain and swelling behind the knee?
- What can cause swelling in the feet?
- What can cause swelling in the face?
- What can cause an inguinal hernia to grow over a few years?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free