Doctor insights on:
What Can Cause Knee Swelling For Years
Swelling is the enlargement of organs, skin, or other body parts. It is caused by a buildup of fluid in the tissues. The extra fluid can lead to a rapid increase in weight over a short period of time (days to weeks). Swelling can occur all over the body (generalized) or only in one part ...Read more
Repeated knee swelling and pain in only on knee after every 2 years for age of 1year.Knee got swelling and pain for 4-5 months and gone on it's own. ?
I have chronic left knee swelling and pain (for 3 years!) after extensive testing diagnosis is synovitis. Any recommendations?
Injection or surgery: I'm assuming after 3 years you have tried pt and antiinflammatories. Draining the knee followed by a cortisone injection (assuming the fluid doesn't look infected) could help. If there is any suspicion for infection, hold off on the cortisone until the synovial fluid has been evaluated. Last resort is to see an ortho surgeon about a synovectomy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Probably not: There are several possible causes so i would have the orthopedist evaluate the knee. ...Read more
How to deal with knee swelling. I had ACL reconstruction 6 years ago. I stay active, but my knee swells after playing soccer. Thank you.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i do for pain and swelling in the knee?
- What can be the cause for pain in my right side abdomen and burning with i pee?
- Can a knee injury cause ankle swelling?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can cause a red rash that lasts for more than three weeks?
- Hip discomfort when standing after sitting for a while
- What can cause my left pinky and half my palm to be numb for close to a year now?
- What can cause vaginal swelling if your not sexually active?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free