Doctor insights on:
What Can Cause Elevated Liver Enzymes
This organ plays a major role in metabolism and has a number of functions in the body, including glycogen storage, decomposition of red blood cells, plasma protein synthesis, hormone production, and detoxification. It lies below the diaphragm in the abdominal-pelvic region of the abdomen. It produces bile, an alkaline compound which aids in digestion via the emulsification of ...Read more
What else can cause elevated liver enzymes beside hep. Chronic alcohol use, chirrosis. No meds taken.?
Medicines: If you are definitely healthy and have been told this by a physician, medicines you are taking could be the answer. Another possibility is starvation, which seems unlikely. You need to make sure that physician agrees with you that you are otherwise healthy. ...Read more
No -not directly: Interesting question, and one i hadn't considered. Elias, rm et al, from mayo clinic (http://www.Ncbi.Nlm.Nih.Gov/pubmed/23251814) published on the syndrome of liver problems (which would cause elevated liver enzymes) in patients with "thyrotoxicosis" which means too much thyroid hormones circulating. Most patients had their thyroid either destroyed with i131 or removed with surgery.... ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can cause your liver enzymes to be elevated?
- What can cause liver enzymes to be elevated?
- Can a hepatitis vaccine cause elevated liver enzymes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the causes of sudden elevated liver enzymes?
- Can elevated liver enzymes cause fatigue?
- Can elevated liver enzymes cause pain?
- Can gallbladder disease cause elevated liver enzymes?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free