Doctor insights on:
What Can Cause A Brain Aneurysm
No: There has been no association between pushing and formation of brain aneurysms. There have been concerns of increased risks of pushing in patients with certain specific neurological conditions (shunts, strokes, etc). Patients with neurological conditions should ask their OB and neurologist about the safest mode of delivery. ...Read more
Can concussions cause a brain aneurysm? I have had a couple and I'm worried. If they don't, then what does cause of cerebral aneurysm?
Probably not: Concussions are not a common cause of brain aneurysms. These are believed to be more likely due to genetic factors and other "triggers" like high blood pressure. If there is family history of brain aneurysms you may be at higher risk. Other risk factors like smoking and excessive alcohol or drug use may put you at higher risk of aneurysms also. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes an aneurysm in the brain?
- What is a brain aneurysm caused by?
- What causes brain aneurysm in children?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a brain aneurysm be caused by a head injury?
- Can a brain aneurysm be caused by daily stress?
- Can head or neck injury cause brain aneurysm?
- What causes brain aneurysm in young adults?
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free