Doctor insights on:
What Can Be Done To Relieve Itching For Patients With Biliary Atresia
Depends on situation: If picked up early enough, some respond to surgery to re-establish bile flow. If operated later than 10 weeks of age, most will need a liver transplant to survive. All cases are quite unique & conferring with the treatment team will provide the best information. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I'm 22 years old with a scar across my abdomen from a kasai procedure that was done a few days after birth. I had biliary atresia. It now hurts. Why?
No relationship: Biliary atresia is a condition in the young where the bile duct system of the liver closes down destroying liver function and leading to cirrhosis. Fibrosarcoma is a soft tissue lesion primary found as a mass arising in muscle tissue which best responds to surgical resection, but left alone will metastasize to organs like the lung. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Kasai procedure: Biliary atresia is most often diagnosed in the neonates. The first line treatment is a surgical procedure called portoenterotomy (kasai) in which a loop of intestine is connected to the liver to act as a conduit for bile drainage in place of the missing bile ducts. The beneficial effects of this procedure, however, is often short-lived many children went on to require liver transplantation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Relieve itching patients biliary atresia
- What happens if the biliary atresia is left untreated?
- What can be done for vaginal itching and pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can be done to prevent renal failure or derangements in myeloma patients?
- What can i do to relieve the itching from my eczema?
- What can be done for stress?
- What can be done for tinitus?
- Talk to a pediatrician online