Doctor insights on:
What Can Be Done To Keep Impetigo From Spreading From Child To Child In My Home
Hygene and culture: Good hygene, washing with plain soap and water, of the impetigo, hands, clothes, towels, bedclothes. But our studies in families show that others often may be carrrying the bacteria, and that culturing, using effective antibiotics, as shown by the culture, and treating the household members, is the only way to prevent recurrent infection in the household. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: As longregardless of.Get a more detailed answer ›
What do you suggest if my child has impetigo which has shown no improvement over past 1.5 months of antibiotics..help!?
Re-evaluate: Treatment failure should prompt re-evaluation. Perhaps the original diagnosis was not completely accurate, or the medication regimen was not appropriate, or taken as directed. ...Read more
What do you suggest if my child has impetigo should my pregnant girlfriend be in contact with her?
It's okay: As long as your girlfriend doesn't have any open cuts and washes hands well after contact with your child, she will be fine. ...Read more
My sister has impetigo, she was rubbing an ice cube across her sores. My dog licked the ice cube, could it spread to my dog and to me? is my question.
Impetigo: Impetigo can be transmitted with touch --- but transmission with an ice cube is very very unlikely. Maintain best hygiene. Wash hands. Encourage your sister to wash carefully. She needs antibiotics. She could use bacitracin every 3 hrs. We all have staph and strep species on our skin without obvious infection. Impetigo developes when a skin break occurs. Dog won't get strep., either. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i do to keep my child from scratching the rash?
- How quickly can lice spread from one child to the next in school?
- What can be done to minimize the large scars from mrsa infections from the face?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i do to help repair and alleviate pain from a damaged nerve in my hand?
- I work in a fast food place what can i do to stop my face from bumping
- How can i prevent my child from having an adverse reaction to a vaccine?
- Is there anything that can be done to prevent pvl in a premature child?
- Talk to a pediatrician online