Doctor insights on:
What Can Be Done For Eyes That Get So Dry From Wearing Contact Lenses
After 30 min of flying, I get dry, bloodshot eyes. Don't wear contact lenses on flight. I use refresh dry eye drops but the redness stays. Any ideas?
Dry air: Most airline cabins are pressurized to feel as if they're about 8000 feet in altitude. As such, the air is very, very dry. Keep using your drops, and consider closing your eyes (maybe using a sleep mask) and sleeping while you listen to some music. There is a moistening ointment, I believe, which might last longer than the drops while you're flying. ...Read more
Can a contact lens get lost in an eye, it was so dry when eye was rubbed it got lost inside eye, what should I do?
Yes: Contact lenses can get lost in the conjunctival fornix and can be found by careful examination and removed with little effort. ...Read more
Is there any possibility to get implantable contact lens done if there is no iris n natural lens in the eye.If yes then how much safe it is ?
No: If there is no lens and no iris there is an intraocular len with iris that may be able to be used. The surgery would need to be done be an approved investigator in the us. ...Read more
Contact lens wearer with very dry eyes - how can I prevent dry eyes after getting back to wearing contacts full time?
I am a contact lens wearer with very dry eyes - getting back to full time contacts wear, what tips do you have for me?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can saline solutions for contact lenses help soothe dry and tired eyes?
- Is it normal for my eyes to be bloodshot when wearing contact lenses?
- Can i use contact lens solution instead of those costly drops for dry eyes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can be used for itchy dry burning eyes?
- What can be done for warts?
- What can be done for sunburn?
- What is the best contact lens solution to use for sensitive eyes?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free