Doctor insights on:
What Can Be Done For Eyes That Get So Dry From Wearing Contact Lenses
After 30 min of flying, I get dry, bloodshot eyes. Don't wear contact lenses on flight. I use refresh dry eye drops but the redness stays. Any ideas?
Dry air: Most airline cabins are pressurized to feel as if they're about 8000 feet in altitude. As such, the air is very, very dry. Keep using your drops, and consider closing your eyes (maybe using a sleep mask) and sleeping while you listen to some music. There is a moistening ointment, I believe, which might last longer than the drops while you're flying. ...Read more
Can a contact lens get lost in an eye, it was so dry when eye was rubbed it got lost inside eye, what should I do?
Yes: Contact lenses can get lost in the conjunctival fornix and can be found by careful examination and removed with little effort. ...Read more
Is there any possibility to get implantable contact lens done if there is no iris n natural lens in the eye.If yes then how much safe it is ?
No: If there is no lens and no iris there is an intraocular len with iris that may be able to be used. The surgery would need to be done be an approved investigator in the us. ...Read more
There isn't one: Don't think there is one. Some may be worse than others but acuvue oasys and coopervision biofinity are pretty good. A good fit is crucial though and depends on the curvature of the lens. These vary from lens to lens. I suppose the best one would technically be a scleral lens which is a hard lens. They also have the dual purpose of lubricatong the eye. Most people aren't that dry though. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can saline solutions for contact lenses help soothe dry and tired eyes?
- Irritated eyes from contact lenses
- Does wearing contact lenses make your eyes weaker as in comparison to glasses?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can wearing contact lens inside out hurt eye sight?
- Can i go straight to contact lenses without ever wearing glasses?
- Can i use contact lens solution instead of those costly drops for dry eyes?
- What type of contact lenses are best for your eyes?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free