Doctor insights on:
What Can A Lump In Your Neck Mean
My baby is a month old and a couple of days ago i was massaging his neck and i felt a little lump on the back of it. What does it mean?
Probably lymph node: There are several lymph glands located within the structures of the neck & will vary in size from the size of a pea to much larger if stimulated.When stimulated they can enlarge quickly and feel tender to touch or compression. A visit with your dr during regular hours should separate the simple transient issues from those needing further tests. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I have weird lump things on the side of my neck when i push down there painless but i thought lumps probably mean I have cancer?
Not necessarily: Lumps anywhere are either benign or cancerous. Benign lumps in neck are frequently caused by infections in the throat which are common(colds and coughs due to viruses). But cancer can affect the neck lymph nodes or any other organs like thyroid or inside the mouth, which can show up as an enlarged neck nodes. You need to think cancer when the lump is painless and is continuing to grow for >3-4 wk. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a lump on your neck mean?
- What does a lump in your breast mean?
- What causes a lump in your neck?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What if you have a lump in your neck?
- What does a lump in your armpit mean?
- What does a lump in your groin mean?
- What does a lump in your stomach mean?
- What does a lump in the neck mean?