Doctor insights on:
What Can A Female With Gastroparesis Do To Ease Constipation From Lack Of Fiber
Gastroparesis&Fiber: Avoid stringy foods eg asparagus, cabbage, celery, oranges, tomatoes, etc or food with gristle eg roast beef etc. Use Erythromycin for 2-3 days every other week and Metoclopramide for 2-3 days also every other week. This avoids habituation and side-effects. Soluble fiber probably ok on this regimen. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
More fiber: Lack of fiber in the diet can be increased by several methods. Vegetables, grains and otc products. Vary diet. If diabetic, there are medications that can be taken to facilitate regularity. Metamucil, fibercon are some examples of otc products. A daily salad with oil and vinegar i.e. Olive oil will help keep you regular. Evaluate your current medications for a possible cause as well. ...Read more
Bowel dysfunction is: Very common in MS, afflicting at least 50% of patients. Gastroparesis, is NOT due to MS, and a second cause should be sought. Generic approaches to constipation include: stool softeners (Colace, Surfak), mild laxatives (percolate or per diem), rectal suppositories (glycerin, ducolax), rarely enemas. Increase dietary fibre. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends on cause: Do you indeed possess biopsy proven small fibre neuropathy, and have blood and urine studies been completed to uncover causation? (gastroparesis and small fibre issues can be seen in diabetes for example.) sometimes, an increase in fiber consumption will help. Although the medical food metanx may help peripheral nerves, not clear if it affects gastroparesis, but worthwhile trying. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What kind of exercises can i do to keep my leg strong with a fractured tibia?
- What exercises can a man do to get rid of fat from his middle area and torso?
- What can i do to help unlodge a piece of cartilage from my knee?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i do to get rid of stinky smell from my hand cast?
- What can i do to get rid of pain and swelling after getting a lip piercing?
- After a colonoscopy what can you do to get rid of gas
- My acne is gone now im left with brown marks what can i do to get rid of them
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online