Doctor insights on:
What Can A Female With Gastroparesis Do To Ease Constipation From Lack Of Fiber
Gastroparesis&Fiber: Avoid stringy foods eg asparagus, cabbage, celery, oranges, tomatoes, etc or food with gristle eg roast beef etc. Use Erythromycin for 2-3 days every other week and Metoclopramide for 2-3 days also every other week. This avoids habituation and side-effects. Soluble fiber probably ok on this regimen. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
More fiber: Lack of fiber in the diet can be increased by several methods. Vegetables, grains and otc products. Vary diet. If diabetic, there are medications that can be taken to facilitate regularity. Metamucil, fibercon are some examples of otc products. A daily salad with oil and vinegar i.e. Olive oil will help keep you regular. Evaluate your current medications for a possible cause as well. ...Read more
I am not sure: Gastroparesis is what the name is saying namely the stomach does not empty and food stagnates there 4 hours. Usually it could be part of paresis of the entire GI tract and in this case constipation could be present. If there are difficulties in digesting too i think is possibly to have fat steatorrhea (fat in stool). As far as i know however fat in stool causes loose stools...See an GI guy! ...Read more
I have gastroparesis. New symptom: constipation alternating w/ diarrhea. It'll be a few days of 1, a few days of other. Gp related or something else?
Bowel dysfunction is: Very common in MS, afflicting at least 50% of patients. Gastroparesis, is NOT due to MS, and a second cause should be sought. Generic approaches to constipation include: stool softeners (Colace, Surfak), mild laxatives (percolate or per diem), rectal suppositories (glycerin, ducolax), rarely enemas. Increase dietary fibre. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can you do to ease withdrawal symptoms?
- What can i do to reduce my risk for gastroparesis complications?
- What over-the-counter items can ease withdrawal from fioricet with codeine?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i do to ease my swimmers ear pain?
- What can i do to ease the vaginal and back pain while pregnant?
- What can too much fiber do to you?
- What can i do to help with constipation?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online