Doctor insights on:
What Can A Doctor Do To Fix A Broken Knee Cap
ORIF: O.R.I.F. Or open reduction and internal fixation is when an orthopedic surgeon identifies the fracture fragments (with open surgery), then places the pieces back in their anatomic positions (reduction) and then holds the pieces in place with various devices (screws, plates, wires) - - - (internal fixation). This is often the preferred treatment for displaced patella or kneecap fractures. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Motorcycle accident. I flew and my knee and wrist bore the most impact.
A doctor took a CT scan of my leg, said nothing broken. knee cap tingles?
See a doctor: First, if you have a "broken" or fractured knee cap, then you should be under the care of an orthopaedic surgeon and asking your doctor is the right thing to do. Having said that, rest, ice, and a knee immobilizer can be helpful. Also, over the counter medications such as tylenol, advil or aleve can all provide some pain relief. ...Read more
Too many variables-: -to give a specific answer. such as 2 pieces, transverse, comminuted & # of fragments, quality of bone, open or closed. high or low velocity injury. also many co-morbidities add to poor healing: diabetes, thyroid R a couple. obesity also. each presents one with the question hoe best to treat this, open, closed & cast, if open what 2 use, pins, wires, both, screws or all 3. each case is different. ...Read more
What are the criteria for being put in a SNF and can a SNF become a permanent residence?
Dementia pt. w/broken knee cap to be put LTC at SNF.
Ask director: States vary a bit, but the Dir of the SNF can tell you in detail. Yes, it can be permanent if that is the 'best' decision. The staff who handle admissions will be knowledgeable and help w/ this. Shop around if possible for a place that's a good fit for him. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i do for my blood in vomit without going to a doctor?
- I have no insurance or money to see a doctor what can i do to treat bad joints
- What can i do to help a stress fracture without going to the doctor?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i do for my pharyngeal pouch without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my toe laceration without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my rectal prolapse without going to a doctor?
- What can i do for my body dysmorphic disorder without going to a doctor?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free