Doctor insights on:
What Areas Of The Body Can Be Affected By A Skin Fungus
I have red dry flaky skin in some of my pubic area if i scratch it it dry skin peels off and so forth. Not bumpy or itchy. Is this fungus?
I have fungus attack on my body. In my under arms, near my breasts and also the pelvic area. Please help.
Get medicine : You can use an over the counter yeast medication until you can be seen by your doctor. Since it is in multiple body areas you should be seen very soon. Oral prescription treatment is likely necessary. You should request to be tested for immune system uppression issues and diabetes. ...Read more
I have a couple of fungus spots on the skin in the groin area. The doctor prescribed ketoconazole cream and fungus became much bigger and redder. Should I stop using that cream? Am I allergic to it? What should I do?
Itchy rash just between thigh and my genital area. Now it's dry and skin are peeling off. The area with rash has widen and darken. Very itchy. Fungus?
Probably: This is most likely a dermatomycosis (superficial skin fungal infection), but without seeing it cannot diagnose. Most family doctors will recognize this immediately if it is what i think, and treatment can begin right away. Go and see your family doctor. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
It can?: Tinea versacolor is the most common type of skin "fungus" that causes color changes. After it is treated the color usually returns to normal. There can be some permanent color change, but that is not usually the case. There are other fungal skin infections that could cause pigmentation changes, but they are not the usual ones. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What's the best topical to treat recurring skin fungus? I've used ketokonozol and others and it always returns.
Try oral meds.: There are two topical products that i'm aware of that are used for resistant cutaneous fungal infections, they are "lamisil at" and "lotrimin ultra". It would be helpful to submit skin scrapings for fungal culture to identify the fungus. You also might benefit from a course of oral antifungals which can get to places topicals cant. Talk to a doctor, verify your diagnosis, and treat it accordingly. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can be the consequences a small area of ischemia at the apex of the heart?
- What parts of the body are affected by color blindness?
- What can it be when a child complains of pain in the ribs?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What commonly causes a lazy eye and one side of the body to be weaker?
- What can be the cause of vertigo in a 30 year old woman pilot in steep dives?
- What can cause blisters on only a small area of the genitals?
- What is the minimum amount of calories a person can eat a day to be healthy?
- Talk to a dermatologist online