Doctor insights on:
What Are Typical Symptoms Of Hydrocephalus
Which type?: Acute high pressure hydrocephalus can bring headache, vomiting, nausea, papilledema (retinal swelling), sleepiness or coma (unarousable unresponsiveness). Chronic "normal pressure hydrocephalus" occurs over years and brings "magnetic" gait disturbance, then cognitive impairment (inattentive, slowed thinking) and finally bladder incontinence associated with lack of concern or embarrassment. ...Read more
I was diagnosed with arrested hydrocephalus last year. I had an evt in august. My symptoms have returned. What's going on?
Needs re-evaluation: Evts can close up. If the symptoms return, this should be re-evaluated by your neurosurgeon. Possible considerations include re-doing the evt or placing a ventriculo-peritoneal shunt. Imaging with an MRI scan is helpful in guiding the treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Please What are the symptoms in details for hydrocephalus in 10 months due to IVH grade 2-3. Head is always 95%+ .
Hydrocephalus : The signs and symptoms of hydrocephalus in a child in the first year of life is a failure to meet developmental milestones (sitting up, crawling, rolling over, or pulling up to a standing position) and head growth that is increasing faster than the normal percentile curve. 95% is ok if the head-size is consistently that percentile at 3-6-9-12 months. Discuss with a neurosurgeon. ...Read more
NPH: Though the classic triad includes cognitive deficits, urinary incontinence, and gait problems, many patients do not present with all 3. Because other conditions can cause similar problems, most neurosurgeons perform additional testing prior to offering ventriculoperitoneal shunting, which is the conventional treatment of choice. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is myositis and what are typical symptoms of it?
- What are typical symptoms of brain injuries?
- What are the typical symptoms of shin splints?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the typical symptoms of a sprained thumb?
- What are typical symptoms of chromosomal abnormalities?
- What are typical symptoms of vasomotor instability?
- What are the symptoms of hydrocephalus in a previously normal adult?
- Talk to a neurosurgeon online for free