Doctor insights on:
What Are Typical Symptoms Of Chromosomal Abnormalities
Chromosomal Abnormal: Chromosomal abnormalities is a broad category. It means there is some gene or genes that are missing or extra. Depending on the particular chromosome affected is the kind of therapy needed. This usually is not something fixed but you can offer modalities to strengthen the weak areas. Usually physical therapy occupational therapy and speech. You work on the problems caused by the abnormality. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
THE absolute #1...: ...Most common chromosome abnormality is trisomy 21, or down's syndrome, and that is associated with advanced maternal age, becoming more common in pregnancies in women over 36. Preexisting abnormalities in parents is close second, toxins and radiation a very distant third, with a large number having no apparent cause. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: The typical chromosomal(chm) defect shows up as abnormal chm in every cell of your body. Some cells do little (skin just sits there) while others do a lot ( form the heart, hands, brain). The need for detail in complex parts means the defect will have more effect. Rare chm defects produce a mosaic, where a fraction of the body has normal & others abnormal. Variable effect. ...Read more
Female: Turner's syndrome, caused by only 1 x chromosome only affects females. More than two copies of the x chromosome only affects females. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is chromosomal abnormalities?
- Abnormalities of chromosomes
- What is myositis and what are typical symptoms of it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Chromosome abnormalities and miscarriage
- Fetal chromosomal abnormalities
- Prenatal testing for chromosomal abnormalities
- Chromosomal abnormalities in pregnancy
- Talk to a pediatrician online