Doctor insights on:
What Are Typical Symptoms Of Chromosomal Abnormalities
THE absolute #1...: ...Most common chromosome abnormality is trisomy 21, or down's syndrome, and that is associated with advanced maternal age, becoming more common in pregnancies in women over 36. Preexisting abnormalities in parents is close second, toxins and radiation a very distant third, with a large number having no apparent cause. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Chromosomal Abnormal: Chromosomal abnormalities is a broad category. It means there is some gene or genes that are missing or extra. Depending on the particular chromosome affected is the kind of therapy needed. This usually is not something fixed but you can offer modalities to strengthen the weak areas. Usually physical therapy occupational therapy and speech. You work on the problems caused by the abnormality. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: The typical chromosomal(chm) defect shows up as abnormal chm in every cell of your body. Some cells do little (skin just sits there) while others do a lot ( form the heart, hands, brain). The need for detail in complex parts means the defect will have more effect. Rare chm defects produce a mosaic, where a fraction of the body has normal & others abnormal. Variable effect. ...Read more
Can you have a child with the physical characteristics of edwards syndrome but not have any chromosomal abnormalities?
Yes: Some of the physical signs of edwards syndrome are non-specific, that is, shared by other syndromes, with or without chromosomal abnormalities. No one sign is diagnostic, and several signs could be present in a child with normal chromosomes and without its having edwards syndrome. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are typical symptoms of vasomotor instability?
- What are the typical symptoms of a sprained thumb?
- What are the typical symptoms of borderline personality disorder?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the typical symptoms of a panic attack?
- What are some typical signs and symptoms of breast cancer?
- What are the typical signs and symptoms of mitral stenosis?
- What symptoms are typical of baseline essential tremor?
- Talk to a pediatrician online