Doctor insights on:
What Are The Types Of Hymen
See Below: There are only really 2 types of hymen, perforate (open) and imperforate (closed). The perforate hymen can come in different types of opening (slit, septum or microperoforate). Which means that they are partially open. If you are seeing your periods, then it is perforate. Once you have intercourse, most hymens will tear to become normal. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I heard theres a type of hymen called fimbriated hymen, what does it look like and will it bleed first time sex like other hymens?
Hymen: This is a piece of membranous tissue inside the vaginal opening. It comes in different shapes and sizes, the most common are annular, fimbriated, lunate, and septate. . Bleeding may occur with any disruption of the hymen regardless of its shape and this may occur with trauma, tampon use, sex or foreign bodies inserted into the vagina. Fimbriated means the edge is serpentine. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
For labial/vertical hymen type which its opening extends from 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock, from where does it rupture when it's broken?And does it bleed?
The hymen : The hymen is a circular ring near the opening of the vagina. Contrary to popular cultural mythology most hymenal rings are open just fine the first time someone has intercourse. It stretches and tears at various spots that are likely unrecognizable to the untrained eye. Overthinking the appearance of the hymenal ring is likely to be unproductive. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I realized after checking the net that some girls have a pinkish, sort of like a lump type of hymen rather than a thin membrane, so is that a type?
Minimally: Many young women worry about pain from tearing a hymen. Surprisingly, many women don't even notice any discomfort when using a tampon or having sexual intercourse for the first time. Additionally, you may have broken your hymen without realizing it through tampon use or vigorous activity (bike, horse riding, gymnastics, etc). If you have concerns or are worried, discuss this with your doctor. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
My general dr. Manually checked to see if my hymen was intact, and it was. Does that mean that it is not stretched not have any tears?
Yes: Always use protection.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the common types of leukemia for a 25 year old?
- What are the most common type of hallucinations in schizophrenia?
- What type of parasites are common in the middle east?
- How is breast cancer diagnosed what are the types of breast lumps?
- What are the different types of crawling techniques?
- What are the major types of nutrients that you need to obtain from the foods you eat?
- Anyone knows what are the other causes of diabetes mellitus type 2 besides food
- What are the signs of type 1 diabetes?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online for free