Doctor insights on:
What Are The Tests That Indicate Hypopigmentation
Light skin spots: Hypopigmentation or light skin spots, may be diagnosed easily in the office by a machine called a woods lamp. This is like a "black light". Causes of hypopigmentation are a decrease of melanin, melanocytes or the Amino Acid tyrosine. Sometimes a fungus of the skin may cause hypopigmentation so a simple culture of the skin can diagnose the cause. Complete loss of skin pigment is called vitiligo. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have hypopigmentation on my face. Doctor did woodslight and blood test and said not vitilgo - but I am worried that it is developing into it ?
Hypopigment: Hypo-pigmentation means that your skin is getting lighter in parts - unlikely to be your whole body. Your primary doctor and/or dermatologist should help you through this. The extent of the hypo-pigmentation will determine what management you will need. ...Read more
Depends on cause: you might want to see dermatologist because there are so many wide varieties of causes for hypo-pigmentation of lips ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the tests that indicate anencephaly?
- What causes hypopigmentation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Tests indicate metabolic myopathies
- What does periorbital hypopigmentation mean?
- What does petechiae indicate?
- What indicates psychiatric decompensation?
- Talk to a dermatologist online