Doctor insights on:
What Are The Symptoms Of Withdrawal From Alcohol
Not recommended: The best thing is to seek help for alcohol withdrawal, which can be dangerous. Check with your doctor and get her/his recommendations for withdrawal treatment. Xanax (alprazolam) doesn't last as long in the body as valium or librium, and there could be a risk of seizures if it wears off and the alcohol withdrawal breaks through. Don't try this at home! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Withdrawal sxs: There are far too many alcohol withdrawal symptoms for me to come close to listing them in 400 words or less. See: http://www.Alcoholwithdrawalsymptoms.Org/ . Please be aware that death is a possible outcome from withdrawal. Please look into alcoholics anonymous if you are asking this question out of personal concern. ...Read more
The 'shakes': Or tremor, increased sweating, high pulse rate and blood pressure, anxiety, insomnia, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, shaking chills and/or sweats, perceptual distortions (hallucinations) involving sight, sound and smell (and touch), seizures and a profound delirium involving all the above symptoms put together, combined with agitation, global confusion and fused hallucinations(dt's).Enough? ...Read more
Alcohol withdrawal s: Is a set of symptoms seen when one reduces or stops alcohol consumption after prolonged periods of excessive alcohol intake. It is due to the central nervous system being in a hyper-excitable state, leading to seizures & delirium tremens. Symptoms start on waking, due to fall in blood alcohol levels during sleep, & can include agitation, hallucination, sweating, cunfusion, htn, insomnia, GI upset. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the symptoms of alcohol withdrawal?
- What does alcohol tolerance and withdrawal symptoms originate from?
- What are signs of morning withdrawal from alcohol?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Headaches from alcohol withdrawal
- What are the withdrawal symptoms from the drug geodon?
- Symptoms of alcohol withdrawal syndrome
- Mild alcohol withdrawal symptoms
- Talk to an addiction specialist online for free